Hollywood may seem like it’s all fun and games, but the truth is that there are a number of well-known celebrities who are in recovery from drugs and alcohol. The following five women in recovery serve as an inspiration to us all!
Five Hollywood Women in Recovery
- Eva Mendes entered rehab in 2008 and has reportedly not had a drink or done drugs since then. The star of several movies, including The Fast and the Furious, is quoted as saying “I’m proud of people who have the determination and the fearlessness to actually go and face their demons and get better.”
- Lana Del Rey has been sober since 2004, when she quit drinking and drugs at the young age of 19. She says that alcohol was her first true love in life, and refers to her drinking days as dark and scary. Her parents sent her away to boarding school, and eventually to rehab, to deal with the problem.
- Christina Ricci hasn’t touched alcohol in about ten years, saying that she’s a lot more fun without whiskey, and that it is a personal decision she made, thinking it would be better for her life.
- Jada Pinkett Smith has a self-admitted addictive past, and there was a time where she was letting her addiction control things, instead of the other way around. At one point, she found herself drinking two bottles of wine per night, alone, on her couch, and she realized she had a problem. Unlike many drinkers, she was able to quit cold-turkey on her own, and hasn’t had a drop of alcohol since.
- Kristin Davis never thought she would live to see the age of 30. She had a very catastrophic view on her life, assuming she would end up in some kind of alcohol-related accident and that everything would come to a fiery end. She blames this kind of thinking on her heavy drinking as a teen. At 22 she quit drinking when she got into a serious acting program and realized that her hangovers were hurting her potential career.
Recovery is Prominent
These are just a few of the many women and men of Hollywood who are sober. Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Hudson, Blake Lively, Russell Brand, and Colin Farrell are a few more notable celebrities on the long list. So you see, it is certainly possible to have success and fame and fortune without drugs and alcohol. As a matter of fact, when you eliminate drugs and alcohol out of your life, it becomes even more possible.
Can you relate to their stories? If you think you might need treatment, reach out to Willow Place for Women as soon as possible to get yourself evaluated by an addiction professional. There is a beautiful life beyond drugs and alcohol, and it is yours to find!